Search This Blog

Monday, July 27, 2015

The Daily Chai is Going Through Chai Withdrawal

Just for shits and giggles,
here is a picture of me when I was three(ish).
Today's chai was but a dream. I have very little faith in that drink right now and it's killing me.

My iPhone has been telling me every morning that I'm a shit person because my iCloud backup has not been performed due to lack of storage. It tells me EVERY MORNING and I can almost hear it screaming, "YOUR PHONE HAS NOT BEEN BACKED UP IN TWELVE WEEKS YOU STUPID SHIT, ARE YOU TRYING TO TEMPT FATE HERE?? JUST DELETE SOME PHOTOS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, I'M DYING HERE!" Since I have had one phone stolen and bought countless others in endless upgrading, I've had to rely on my backups to restore my new phones, sometimes unexpectedly, so I'm not even kidding about tempting fate. To appease Bridget (bless her microchip little heart, I know she just wants what's best for me) I just spent an hour uploading all my photos to my computer and deleting everything on my phone that I don't need. I'm squirming in my seat because I can see all my photos on my computer, but I know ONE WRONG MOVE and suddenly everything is going to disappear. I just know it. Also, what happens when I really want to send a photo from a couple months ago to someone because it's vitally important to share it and I go to look and IT ISN'T ON MY BLOODY PHONE ANYMORE?

#Firstworldproblems. GFY, I know it. Also, I know I really shouldn't be living in the past and holding onto all those photos on my mobile device is probably bad for my mental health, but I can't help it. I hate deleting things. I feel like I'm deleting some secret truth when I remove photos from my phone. I probably should get some help, but hey, then I wouldn't be all dark and twisty inside and then what would I write about?

Kate had minor surgery today to remove two baby molars to help with the crowding in her mouth from her adult teeth coming in. That kid handled it like a champ, like a complete fucking BOSS. Kids at school had scared her by saying having teeth pulled hurt a ton.  I asked her as we were pulling into the driveway at home if they were right and she replied, "No. It didn't hurt, it still doesn't hurt. The needle thingy in my hand hurt and the thing they put around my arm [blood pressure cuff] hurt the most. My mouth doesn't hurt at all." I know I shouldn't laugh, but she had two teeth pulled out by their roots and she said the blood pressure cuff hurt the most. Awesome.

The rest of the day was quiet, just watching tv (kids) and reading (me). Kate was bored to tears by four o'clock but she was supposed to take it easy all day, so rest she did. Tomorrow we will take it easy too and go see Ant-man which I'm hoping is at least amusing as it will be the last movie in our going-to-see-every-movie-we-wanted marathon this week. Thankfully, I like comic book movies, so it might not be so torturous (on a side note, I literally just spelled that torgerous and then wondered why it looked so wrong).

I just ate two cold hotdogs. Midnight snack. Bring on the nightmares!

-Megs
xo



No comments: