Search This Blog

Monday, July 20, 2015

The Daily Chai is Healing

Today's chai was served with a smile, what more could a girl ask for? A million dollars, fame, love, success, well-behaved children, a dog who feeds himself, inspiration to write the next great Canadian novel...yup, a girl could ask for a lot more, but I'll take the smile.

Have I told you I have this huge, king-sized bed? I love it, I negotiated it in the separation agreement, but I find myself only using half of it. I have not gravitated towards the middle yet, I still sleep on the left side. Closest to the door, of course, for those middle of the night, small person interruptions. I can't figure this out. It might be because I'm basically a lazy person and it makes it easier to only make one side of the bed. Or maybe it just feels too damn weird to sleep on the other side of the bed. I'm just going to leave you with that to mull over.

Some of you may have read the other day that I sliced my toe open in Georgian Bay. It's healing nicely although I banged it on a chair today in a training session and almost dropped the eff-bomb loudly. I contained my outburst, but it was hard, I'm not going to lie. There are times that I'm pretty sure that I can't go/do anything without injury to myself. I suppose as long as my injuries remain non-fatal, I'm good to keep having adventures. Until one isn't non-fatal, then I'll be done.

I talked to my girls over FaceTime tonight. As usual, it was painful. The unsteady camera-work (and that is being generous) made me nauseated and the girls started fighting over who got to talk to me. When we hung up, I got not one, but two call-backs because Anna pre-maturely hit the end button. I love those girls, I just do not love FaceTiming with anyone to be honest. Am I the only one who finds it awkward? Remember when we were kids and we dreamed about video phones? Like, how cool would it be to be able to see the person while you were talking miles and miles away? Apparently, it's not really that cool.

Okay, so these random thoughts are, by their very nature, non-sequential, but it's been a month, it can't all be Shakespeare and I need time to hit my groove again. I'm working on my next pet peeve list, so stay tuned!

-Megs
xo


No comments: