Search This Blog

Monday, March 16, 2015

The Daily Chai and How to Recharge

Today's Chai Latte didn't feel special because it read all my other posts about the delicious chai lattes I've enjoyed in the past and it felt like it was just another latte to be consumed and tossed away. I felt sorry for it and drank it slowly so it would realize that I enjoyed it just as much, if not better, than all the lattes before it.

What a fabulous day on Saturday, I have to say, probably one of the best I've had in a long time. I met one of my oldest friends for coffee in the park and we froze our asses off catching up. We've texted in the four months since my life has changed, but I haven't seen her since right after the shit hit the fan. That time, I walked into her salon, she asked me how  I was doing and I just looked at her. Her response was, "Oh no." Even though she was shocked that I was actually considering ending my marriage (at the time I was still contemplating "just a break") she wasn't shocked by the stories I had to tell. She's been a friend for a long time and knows a lot of my secrets. Yesterday was another good old catch up about what has been happening in the last four months. I think I talked straight for two hours, poor girl. Thank goodness she enjoys my stories! Anyway, it was a wonderful visit and much needed. That chai latte was so much the better because I drank it with one of my oldest and dearest friends.

Then I had an emergency massage from the rock god of RMTs because I've done something to my neck. I had a friend give me some advice on how to ease my pain, but I really don't think that's going to work (but thanks for the suggestion!) so I went to my massage guy instead. It must be all this writing and sitting on the couch on my computer. Oops. This blogging stuff comes at a high price!

In the evening I met another old friend and some of her girlfriends for her birthday and we had a great time. Girl night is always a good way to recharge. It was a little weird being the "single" gal of the group. Been a long time since I was that! I love this person, she is one of those people I met through my ex because she was dating (and is now married to) a friend of his. There was something about her that just clicked inside me and we hit it off. I remember one work party in particular where we just stood poolside yakking away and oblivious to anyone else there. We were talking about how we weren't ready to have kids yet because we were way too selfish to care for another human being...10 years later and we both have two little girls and I doubt anyone would describe us as selfish.

I also had an email from my brother which was...emotional to say the least. We have a strained relationship at best, but there are times we are in sync and I treasure those moments. It helps that he lives on the other side of the planet, we tend to get on each other's nerves less that way. Who knows, maybe my adventure next year will be to Thailand to visit him.

I ended my day with a long, much needed chat with another friend which I thoroughly enjoyed. Very entertaining. I love catching up with my people. I love my people with every fibre in my being and seeing or talking to them recharges my soul. It also helps that I had nine hours of uninterrupted sleep on Friday night and slept until 10:30 on Sunday (although I was up so late I'm not sure sleeping until 10:30 helped!). I love my girls but solo weekends are awesome.

Love to you all and thanks for reading, all your comments and emails are like manna from heaven to me. 

No comments: