Search This Blog

Saturday, March 14, 2015

The Daily Chai Celebrates Pie

Today's Chai Latte is still at Starbucks. Be a dear and grab that for me? Thanks love.

Today I will eat pie. Lots and lots of pie. This is possibly one of my most favourite days of the year. I love all pie, although I am especially fond of key lime pie. Today I am going to make a key lime pie and possibly eat the entire thing myself. I will take a picture of it and post it later if it looks photogenic. If not, I will just eat it and take a picture of my face with crumbs on it. Either way, win/win.

My love of pie has been well documented. I would say it is = or > my love of Cadbury Cream Eggs and that's saying a lot. I'm a little irritated with Cadbury to be honest. With all my free advertising on Facebook, I have yet to receive a single complimentary egg. WTF? So I move on to pie in all its glory. I love pie.

Some interesting facts about pie and π.  Did you know the American pie was invented before π was discovered? Just kidding, some American made that up, they are always taking credit for stuff. Did you know that π is a transcendental number? I don't know what that means because I am firmly rooted in reality and don't believe in spiritual numbers. Did you know that in 2013 scientists used computers to extend the decimal representation of π to 13.3 trillion digits, but because most scientific applications only need 40 digits after the decimal, this was performed (with countless grant dollars no doubt) purely to show off how SMRT they are? Did you know that π is used to calculate the circumference of a circle? Which is interesting only because traditional pie is round. So, therefore, if you want to calculate the circumference of a pie, you would need to use π. Did you further know that π is considered an irrational number, somewhat akin to my irrational love of pie. Just kidding, my love is not irrational. Pie is good. What's not to love?


That is pretty much where my knowledge and urge to look stuff up on Wikipedia ends. Enjoy your pies darlings, I know I will. 

No comments: