Search This Blog

Saturday, March 28, 2015

The Daily Chai Has Been Drinking Wine

Have you ever noticed when you've been drinking that sometimes the top of your head feels like it's going sideways and your jaw is going another way? It feels pretty funky. If you have never experienced this, I suggest you go drink a glass of wine pronto. I also suggest you buy a bottle of this wine. Because it's called the Frisky Beaver. I mean, COME ON, you know I bought it because of the name. And I was sober when I made that decision.

So I write my post for each day the night before. There are two reasons for this: One, I don't want to get fired for writing my blog at work and two, it means that I have time to write something that I can schedule publication for each morning at 9:00 a.m. and then forget about it. The only problem with this is sometimes I write late at night when I'm feeling particularly vulnerable and introspective so I perhaps reveal a little too much. And yet, I let it stand because it's what I was feeling at the time. It's the truth, in as much as one can reveal the truth about themselves. As I've mentioned before, we have many faces and sometimes we don't even show our true face to ourselves, let alone anyone else. Sometimes we just don't know ourselves well enough to be capable of the truth. My writing is sometimes silly, sometimes reflective, sometimes wise, sometimes foolish, but I let it stand because it is as true as I can get.

Speaking of truth, the other thing you should probably know, and this may hurt, but I lie about my chai lattes most days. Not that I don't actually drink one every day, I do, but when I'm writing my post for the night, I don't really know what the next day's chai latte is going to be like because I haven't ordered it yet. Hence I use my questionable creative genius to make up something about my latte, or I tell you about the day before. I know, you are all feeling a little betrayed, but rest assured, I do actually order one every day. So it still counts. Sort of. And besides, I wrote the other day that they hum quietly. You didn't really think that was true, did you? This shouldn't be that much of a shock to you then. Good. Moving on.

Shit, my glass is empty. That sucks.

P!NK never spoke truer words.


My soul is restless tonight. I have so many unanswered questions. As I wrote that I realized we all do and it's a little presumptuous of me to expect to get mine answered. I watch too many movies and dream of a happy ending but the reality is...it never works the way you imagined it. Movies only show the beginning, the fun part, the falling in love. They don't show the relationship part. So we have decades of lessons about how to fall in love, but not one about how to keep that love real. Balls.

Enough dribble for one night. I apologize for this latte-less post. But I will not apologize for buying a bottle of wine called the Frisky Beaver. Those people are marketing geniuses.



No comments: