Search This Blog

Monday, June 08, 2015

The Daily Chai is Excited


Today's chai was delicious. I drank it too slowly and it was cold by the time I finished it which sucked. That's what I get for savouring something. Quick and dirty is the only way to get things done.

My birthday is tomorrow and on my way to work today, I decided that the day before my birthday is the best day of the year, simply because of the anticipation. I rarely enjoy my birthday because it never lives up to the anticipation of the day before -- I should probably try to curb that a little bit. However, tomorrow, even though I have to work and I hate working on my birthday, I have sushi dinner with the bestie planned and I can't wait! Plus, I have a deal with a delightful person that she brings my birthday treats to work and I will do hers next month. After all, why the hell should I make treats on my birthday? Best birthday ever!

On a side note, I also decided this morning that the day after my birthday is the suckiest day of the year because suddenly nothing is about me anymore after all the fun festivities. BORING. And the ugly narcissist in me rises to the surface. Sorry about that. I won't promise that it will never happen again.

I decided today was as good a day as any to quit smoking, so I'm a little grouchy. I quit five years ago when I got pregnant with Anna (can you even imagine me already bitchily pregnant and quitting smoking on top of that? Scary) and I started up again around the end of November after a relapse one night. I knew if I had one, I would be up to a pack a day within a month and I wasn't wrong. I can't be one of those people that smokes every once in awhile. I hate those people. I am supremely jealous of those people. Those people suck. If I'm going to quit, it has to be always and forever. Balls. I'll keep you updated on how it's going. As it is, I'm using the patch to quit and I know I have super vivid, funky dreams while I'm on the patch, so I have that to look forward to tonight and you, as my faithful readers, have those dreams to look forward to as well. If they are PG rated anyway. 

UPDATE: I would like a cigarette right now actually. I keep feeling like I'm forgetting to do something, but I'm haven't. Oh yes, that's right, I HAVE forgotten something. I've just forgotten to buy smokes. And I've forgotten to smoke them. Dammit.  

I'm going to see my girls tonight while my ex has a thing to go to and I'm thinking about packing and what I can pack ahead and what I have to leave until just before moving day. God, I hate packing! I wonder if there is anyone in the world who likes to pack. I would like to meet them and shake their hand for being a wonderful human being and then ask them to pack my house up. My ex has been quite industrious about getting his stuff out of the way so maybe getting my stuff ready won't be too hard. It's the kitchen stuff that drives me bonkers. All that wrapping and cleaning out of cupboards. Ugh. 

I can hardly believe that I'm moving permanently to my mom's place next week. Which is now my place as she moves the rest of her stuff into her husband's house. Talking to a friend about it today and shaking our heads about how fast everything is coming up after what seems like the longest seven months of my entire life. I had a moment the other day, lying in the sun reading...I put my book down and I was just lying there thinking...almost 38, two kids, on the road to divorce, moving yet again, how in the holy fuck did I get here? Life is unpredictable to say the least. I've stopped planning anything for the future because there is no point, life always comes along to pull the rug out from under you and then it laughs and laughs and laughs. 

UPDATE: I would still like a cigarette.

-Megs


No comments: