Search This Blog

Monday, June 15, 2015

The Daily Chai is Denied

Today's chai did not materialize, even though I specifically said I was looking forward to Monday because I could get a chai latte. The machine is broken. Pfft. Whatever. It's been FOUR DAYS since I had a chai latte and I feel like I'm turning into an entirely different person. I can almost feel my soul returning. Then I got a hot chocolate from Tim Horton's and the resulting sugar buzz made me quite productive.

I spent this evening...packing! I bet you are very surprised about this since I have been talking about little else for the past month now. Jesus, what will I write about when I've finished moving? I'll write about unpacking, I suppose. I'm at that stage now where I'm just throwing stuff into boxes to be sorted later and I'm going to unpack it and be like, why the fuck did I move this? Why didn't I just throw it out in the first place? You just laughed because you know exactly what I'm talking about. You may do the before-packing-purge, but you will still end up with shit in your new place that you don't want or need. It's the universe laughing at you.

I seriously have way too much stuff. My kids have way too much stuff. I told a friend back in November that I wanted to burn it all and I repeated this wish to another friend this weekend. There is a box in my front hall that comes up to my chest and it's just full of Kate Crap. I'm not taking responsibility for all the stuff she owns. I say no way too often for her to own this much stuff based solely on my purchasing power.

And I'm the first one to admit that I'm materialistic and it's very hard to get rid of stuff when you like your stuff so much. Then I get sick of it all and just throw out everything in sight, only to live with regret later. Sad. Which in turn makes me cautious about throwing stuff out in the future in case I need it, which I might, some day. I know what you're thinking, that it must be very hard to live in my world.... #firstworldproblems 

Pardon, what was that?

Moving on. My current pet peeve is overly cautious, overly slow drivers. You know the ones that come to a full stop at a green light when they are turning right even though there are no obstacles causing them to come to a full stop? Why? Are they out there specifically to torture me? Is this happening for a reason to teach me a lesson? Kidding. But I do have places to be and things to do. Hurry the fuck up.

-Megs

No comments: