Search This Blog

Sunday, June 07, 2015

The Daily Chai is Feeling...Delicate

Today's chai was, according to day-after-party tradition, McDonald's:


Oh McDonald's, for what we're about to receive, please make us truly thankful. 

And oh I am thankful for this hangover food that I was not able to drag myself out of the house for until 3:30 this afternoon. 

Last night is a blur but judging by how I felt this morning at 7:00 am when my phone started dinging and beeping and generally being a total asshole, it was a good night. Why oh why did I not put the damn thing on silent before I went to bed last night? Possibly because I don't remember going to bed last night. Oops. 

I had a fabulous time yesterday with so many people that I love. I am truly lucky to have such great people in my life. Sometimes it's hard to remember, when things aren't going so well, that there are many positive aspects to life. Whether it's a job you love, a home where you feel safe, a hobby that makes you feel alive, friends who want you around, families that need you, we all have something that is good in our lives. We get so caught up in what we don't have or what we want that we forget to appreciate the things we do have. Nothing wrong with striving for better than what you have, but it's important to take moments out of you life to love yourself for what you have already accomplished. Give yourself some credit for everything that you've done that has gotten you HERE, in this moment. Do you like yourself? Are you generally a decent human being? Do you brake for small animals on the road? Then all those mistakes and trials that you give yourself shit for are worth it because they taught you to be the person you are right now. Don't regret the journey just because there were a few tears. 

Love you guys, thanks for reading!

-Megs

No comments: